Front sprocket nut

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
dirtydog
On the Road

Front sprocket nut

Post by dirtydog »

Anyone know what size the nut is that holds the front sprocket on? I would go and measure it myself but its 450 miles away from me at the moment :roll:

Cheers Adam
carnivore
On the Road

Post by carnivore »

What do you mean? the size of socket you need to undo the nut or the thread on the shaft?
where's the bar?
dirtydog
On the Road

Post by dirtydog »

Yeah sorry the size of the socket i'll need to undo the nut

thanks
dirtydog
On the Road

Post by dirtydog »

Anyone?
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

32mm :wink:

good luck!
jan
dirtydog
On the Road

Post by dirtydog »

good luck? is it htat bad doing the chain and sprockets on the raptor? :?

thanks for the socket size

DD
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

Not that bad, but it will be tight, and generally has some locktite for good measure. So make sure you get the nut undone before you break the chain (bike in 1st gear, get someone to sit on the bike and hold the back brake on, then have a go at the nut).

Miz.
152/999
dirtydog
On the Road

Post by dirtydog »

Ah right, the main problem with that is the chain has snapped! Will probably have to put the new chain on before doing the front sprocket. Luckily I have managed to get out of actually fitting it myself as it'll be quite a few weeks before i can actually get back upto Scotland to sort it (it's my other halfs bike) so she is getting a friend to do it. He knows his way around bikes- he's got a turbo'd Bandit1200 so it should be ok
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

the nut might be a tad tight as mentioned, but nothing a good impact wrench can't solve. 8)
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

dirtydog wrote:...........He knows his way around bikes- he's got a turbo'd Bandit1200 so it should be ok
so long as he knows not to try and loosen the sprocket bolts from the outside :shock: - he'll have to remove the hub unit to get at the nuts on the inside
I say this as a mate attempted to 'help' me with my chain/sprocket change and mullered one of the bolts before I caught him and explained
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
dirtydog
On the Road

Post by dirtydog »

Cheers for that infp snapdragon will pass it on. I didn't evn know that but then t it's not needed much work over the past 2 years only the rear brake has needed attention