Xtra Raptor rear shock resevoir.

General spannery stuff
Demonbaker
On the Road

Xtra Raptor rear shock resevoir.

Post by Demonbaker »

Has anyone had any problems with the mounting bracket for rear shock reservoir?. Got back from a short blast yesterday only to find the reservoir siting on top of the engine casing. This is the second time its broken away from the mounting only last time it was hanging from one of the fixings and was replaced under warranty.
Miz
On the Road

Res

Post by Miz »

No problems with mine, but the bike has only done 4,800 miles. Will keep an eye on it though.

Miz.
152/999
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

I have zip ties and duct tape if you need them demonbaker :wink:

It's probably the lack of road maintenance :(
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Brihass
On the Road

Post by Brihass »

Hi,
yes, I had one of the rubber mounts come apart. Super-glued it back together and had no problems since.
I did spin the bottle around slightly when I remounted it, as I suspect that it was under a bit of tension from the routing of the fluid line from the shock.

Regards
140/999 Xtra Raptor.....Carbon Quill Cans, Carbon Hugger, Carbon Rear Guard, Carbon Bar End Mirrors, Renthal Bars, Belly Pan, Power Commander, K&N, TRE, Iridium Plugs, Silicon Leads, 2CT's.
Demonbaker
On the Road

Post by Demonbaker »

snapdragon wrote:I have zip ties and duct tape if you need them demonbaker :wink:

It's probably the lack of road maintenance :(
Thanks Snappy zip ties are holding it at the moment.
Demonbaker
On the Road

Post by Demonbaker »

Brihass wrote:Hi,
yes, I had one of the rubber mounts come apart. Super-glued it back together and had no problems since.
I did spin the bottle around slightly when I remounted it, as I suspect that it was under a bit of tension from the routing of the fluid line from the shock.

Regards
Thanks Briass will give it a try.