Gi Pro ATRE

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
zebedee
On the Road

Gi Pro ATRE

Post by zebedee »

Just got one of these delivered yesterday. After some umming and rrring went for the red display not the blue. Will regret that forever I guess but would also have regretted geting the blue (colours make no sense anyway). I have read the previous threads on TRE's and, having got the thing, am sure I can plug in the wires without having too much problem. I will even listen to the voice of reason and read the instructions. I know, I know, 'real men don't read the instructions, ask for directions, dance or cry' but if I dont do the first thing I gaurantee I will be doing the next 3. At 41 I am rapidly losing all shame in all things so can't gaurantee not to dance or cry if I fit it spot on first time. I will at least punch the air, do the bulldog bodybuilder pose and a brief and restrained rebel yell on success whenver it comes. There's a question coming here somewhere. Oh yes. Wiring it in I am sure will be fine, but has anyone mounted a gear indicator doohicky on a V Rap and if so where and how?
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

hmm no gear indicator - nevr really fancied one (even after the false neutral incident on the M4 whilst attempting to select a seventh gear :oops: )
had enough trouble finding the space for my little clock and heated grip switch
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
taz_116
On the Road

Post by taz_116 »

I have toyed with the idea of buying a gear indicator much for the reasons Snappy has said, why can't Cagiva give me 7 gears? :lol:

Anyway i toyed with the idea of making a cut out in the horns and possibly running the wiring up through them? Not really gone into it in much detail but thats where my train of thought went.

Taz
Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul

2001 V-Raptor 1000, K&N Air Filter & TRE
twistedpr
On the Road

Post by twistedpr »

Have a similar dilemma. Had one on my 650 naked and ended up wedging it between the clock surround and the clocks, on the right hand side flat bit, on the same level as the LCD display. (Am sure I can find a photo somewhere).

Anyway, now the proud owner of a 1000 V and am looking to transfer the gubbins across. Having only had a cursory look I'm not sure I can do a similar trick, as the front faring comes in quite tight aroud the clocks. Will need some investigation.

Does your V-Rap have a screen? If it does then you've already drilled the horns once, so doing it again should be fine! The reason I ask is that I'm sure I've seen a revlight of gear indicator mounted to the inside top of the screen before. Think it was one of the Australian members on here, who did a video of their Quill cans? On the other hand, I haven't taken any medication today, so could be imagining the whole thing. :?
Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul.
------ X-Rap 188/999 ------
zebedee
On the Road

location location location

Post by zebedee »

Got GIpro out of hte box today and mocked up a few different locations for the thing using blu tac. Surely that will be strong enough to hold it when i really fit it? :lol:
1. Centre of the rev counter as I only need to see the revs not the hole needle.
Hated that it looked such a bodge
2. Slid it gently under the handlebar braket so enough poked out to see it properly (must try it with gear indicator too fnar fnar :wink: )
This looked fine very neat, tidy and easy to see but the cable would need to turn through too sharp an angle and could get crimped by the yoke.
3. Right hand side of the fairing under the edge of the horn.
This was nice and neat but got clouted by the front brake line which, being braided stainless steel could maekmincemeat out of a plastic box.
4. Left hand side of the faring under the edge of the horn.
This seems to be the best place. Doesn't get clouted, can see it and looks ok. From my other life as a glider pilot I have also seen that you notice important info on the left first, my ASI in my aircraft is on the left (if you are right handed that is) and right handed people like to turn left more than right ( think about it next time you go out your right hand is stronger so turning left lets you use the muscles on your right side more).
Hopefully, it will go on in the next couple of days. I will take pictures and post them on here. If I am honest I will take pictures, try and work out how to put them on here, get it worng, try another few times then get it right. Can I just say I love having a bike with horns. I have never been able to get away with saying horn so much in my life. I even nearly bought an Isuzu Trooper Japanes grey import just to drive around in a catr with Big Horn written on the back. If your not as I childish as me please forgive me, if you are then snigger along.
Zeb (41 years old going on 12 :lol: )[/i]
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

I saw a good set up at the weekend using adjustable camera mounts... forgot to take piccies though sorry :roll:
zebedee
On the Road

gear indicator

Post by zebedee »

snapdragon wrote:hmm no gear indicator - nevr really fancied one (even after the false neutral incident on the M4 whilst attempting to select a seventh gear :oops: )
had enough trouble finding the space for my little clock and heated grip switch
I find I need the 7th gear about 10 times an hour on the motorway. Of course if we all had 7 we would need 8. I rode a rented Harley on Daytona beach a couple of years ago and that had a top gear indicator light in the middle of the speedo. I thought, at the time, that it was just for stupid Americans who weren't used to 6 gears but now I think maybe the clever blighters were onto some thing. I have tried clocking the revs at set speeds but I still forget. Perhaps I am getting old.
Nurse I haven't had my tea yet and what are all these people doing in my front room?
live long and prosper earthmen
zebedee
On the Road

sheb

Post by zebedee »

sent you pm but not sure if it worked enjoy your evening
live long and prosper earthmen
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Re: sheb

Post by shebee »