Gasket Question - Can You Help

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Zane
On the Road

Gasket Question - Can You Help

Post by Zane »

Hi Guys,

I want to go to the effort of removing the exhausts of my raptor from the engine. To give it a polish.... Thing is I know that I can pick up TL 1000 gaskets for where the exhaust pipes meet the engine. That's simple. BUT...

Question is there is also another gasket that sits between the muffler and the engine, close to the rear shock and I don't have the size to compare. This is the one gasket that I need so all works well. From what I have been told this gasket is a metallic one, not your typical paper sort.

Does anyone know if there is an aftermarket gasket that I can use? If so what bike does it suit and will it do the same job? Do you know what size the gasket is should I want to find an aftermarket one to suit?
Loves a squirt in the mountains with the Raptor....yeeeehaaaa
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

It's a Suzuki part Zane, changed mine once using Cagiva parts and again using Suzuki slight difference in depth but they work the same

I wish I'd kept the packaging now - I'll have a rummage in the cupboard and see what I can find

I might have a rummage on the forum too - the part numbers could be hanging about on a thread somewhere
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
zebedee
On the Road

rummage in the cupboard

Post by zebedee »

Snaps

you msut have jsut abou teverything in that cupboard of yours. If you took it all out I bet you could get to Narnia :lol:
live long and prosper earthmen
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

this thread has some info about the zorst gaskets - TL or DL ones fit we've found :)

no Zeb - no Narnia, just next doors blasted tumble dryer which needs new bearings :evil:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Zane
On the Road

Post by Zane »

Hi Guys,

Thanks for the feedback. Will investigate further. I may even take the exhaust down to a hot rod place to see if they have some sort of standard gasket that may fit. You just never know.

All I want is to polish this pipe up correctly so it looks good, rather than a rusty foul looking pipe. You know what I mean
Loves a squirt in the mountains with the Raptor....yeeeehaaaa