Front wavy discs?

General spannery stuff
Demansia
On the Road

Front wavy discs?

Post by Demansia »

Hi All,

After a eye+popping blast on a Benelli TNT Sport on the weekend, i have come to the conclusion my Rap doesn't stop! It just slooows!

Can anyone give me some info on front wavy discs? I have read some old posts & some members have them (what brand etc). I saw on ebay a while ago someone selling them to fit the rap 1000, the sellers page showed what other bikes the disc also fit. I think Yamaha XJS or diversions were the same. Can anyone confirm or deny which other disc may fit? My theory is if i can find a match i may be able get them cheap here in Oz & avoid the high freight costs euro dealers like the charge.

Cheers

Chad
Nothin like V-Twin Grin!!
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

hi

IMHO if you really want to STOP I think you should invest in a brembo rcs 19 master cilinder
I've just fitted one and it makes a HUGE difference
The standard 16 mm isn't reallly up to today's standard.
And it cost less than a set of wave disks

http://www.moto-racing.co.uk/item--Brem ... +Bike.html

And also a set of EBC "HH" sintered pads will help
No bike is ever finished!
kev
On the Road

Post by kev »

hi mate
ye i am with cavia invest in a radial master cylinder makes all the difference i used one of the brembo copys about £45 2 finger stopies no probs
carnivore
On the Road

Post by carnivore »

Cavia wrote:hi

IMHO if you really want to STOP I think you should invest in a brembo rcs 19 master cilinder
I've just fitted one and it makes a HUGE difference
The standard 16 mm isn't reallly up to today's standard.
And it cost less than a set of wave disks

And also a set of EBC "HH" sintered pads will help
Did you replace the standard brake lines? because they look rather weedy to me.
where's the bar?
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

yeah i used those goodridge "build a line" hoses
I got to change brake lines because the radial mc had it's banjo on a different angle so the std brake line doesn't fit
carnivore
On the Road

Post by carnivore »

Pic's please!!! I thought the brakes were a little weak in comparison to the RGV.
where's the bar?
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

will make some when I'm in the shed :)
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

here it is

before

after

carnivore
On the Road

Post by carnivore »

Oh, that's nice. I take it the brake performance is vastly improved? I think i may have to invest in one.
where's the bar?
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

carnivore wrote:Oh, that's nice. I take it the brake performance is vastly improved? I think i may have to invest in one.
yeah, it gives more power and feel and never have to use more than 2 fingers
twistedpr
On the Road

Post by twistedpr »

Wow, that is gorgeous! 8) I'm guessing that with the RCS19, hoses and reservoir, that lot must have cost somewhere in the region of 350-400 EUROS (how crude of me to ask!)?

Might have to see if I can find room for this potentially life-saving upgrade. One morning last week, I was riding through a strange town on a stupid (but straight) road, where I didn't realise that I had to give way to traffic coming from the right at a blind junction until it was too late. Hit the standard anchors but couldn't stop fast enough and sailed straight on - thank **** nothing was coming round the corner. :shock:

Am thinking of writing to the retarded Town Planner and asking for a refund on the underwear that I "damaged" as a direct result of the stupid road layout. :lol:
Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul.
------ X-Rap 188/999 ------
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

twistedpr wrote:Wow, that is gorgeous! 8) I'm guessing that with the RCS19, hoses and reservoir, that lot must have cost somewhere in the region of 350-400 EUROS (how crude of me to ask!)?

Might have to see if I can find room for this potentially life-saving upgrade. One morning last week, I was riding through a strange town on a stupid (but straight) road, where I didn't realise that I had to give way to traffic coming from the right at a blind junction until it was too late. Hit the standard anchors but couldn't stop fast enough and sailed straight on - thank **** nothing was coming round the corner. :shock:

Am thinking of writing to the retarded Town Planner and asking for a refund on the underwear that I "damaged" as a direct result of the stupid road layout. :lol:
:lol:
You're right , only it takes a bit to get used to break "normal" with one finger and never more than two in emergencies :shock:

I was lucky when buying the RCS coz the pound/euro rate was 1:1 at the time I ordered (the best price I found in NL was 329 eur :? )

The reservoir was 55 eur at a bike show (you could use the original one of course ,but hey, safery first! :wink: )

http://www.rizoma.com/Prodotti/Prodotti ... =3&IDSez=1

The lines (goodridge build a line) about 40/45 pounds

http://www.brakes4u.co.uk/products.asp?cat=25351
carnivore
On the Road

Post by carnivore »

Cavia wrote: I was lucky when buying the RCS coz the pound/euro rate was 1:1 at the time I ordered (the best price I found in NL was 329 eur :? )
Owwwwwwwww, but it's so nice. Well at lest it's a safety feature. 8)
where's the bar?
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

carnivore wrote:
Cavia wrote: I was lucky when buying the RCS coz the pound/euro rate was 1:1 at the time I ordered (the best price I found in NL was 329 eur :? )
Owwwwwwwww, but it's so nice. Well at lest it's a safety feature. 8)
:D That's what I told missus cavia "it's all for my own safety dear!"
so was the hyperpro shock and the much lighter thus safer carbon bodywork :lol: :lol: :lol:
Evil Twin
On the Road

Re: Front wavy discs?

Post by Evil Twin »

Demansia wrote:Hi All,

After a eye+popping blast on a Benelli TNT Sport on the weekend, i have come to the conclusion my Rap doesn't stop! It just slooows!

Can anyone give me some info on front wavy discs? I have read some old posts & some members have them (what brand etc). I saw on ebay a while ago someone selling them to fit the rap 1000, the sellers page showed what other bikes the disc also fit. I think Yamaha XJS or diversions were the same. Can anyone confirm or deny which other disc may fit? My theory is if i can find a match i may be able get them cheap here in Oz & avoid the high freight costs euro dealers like the charge.

Cheers

Chad
Demansia
Chad,
If you change the rotors don't throw the old ones out! :shock:
Let me know what you want for them (no BJ's please) as I'm looking to turn up a set of bobbins and cut some wavvies. I need to take some measurements after removing the old boobins and don't want to take mine of the road to do it.
Cheers
Andrew

Cavia nice 8) 8) 8)
The bike made me do it!