Dealer / Tune up advice

Chat about anything
cgrigson
On the Road

Dealer / Tune up advice

Post by cgrigson »

Hi all,
Wondering about getting my rap checked out for tuning as I've heard several complaints about poor fuelling. I'm happy with the bike as it is but the engine response does agree with people saying they are over rich as standard. One post suggests the existing ECU can be remapped by someone called Two Wheel Technics http://www.twowheeltechnics.com . Can anyone point me at a raptor expert who can do the best for my bike. I'm in South Yorkshire.

Cheers

Chris (more interested in a sweet ride and MPG than more go)
Frankiesan
On the Road

Re: Dealer / Tune up advice

Post by Frankiesan »

Hi, not exatly South Yorksire but these Guys are top knocker in my opinion.

They race SV650's so I'd think it was safe to say they know what they are doing.

http://www.hbmotorcycles.co.uk/
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

two wheel technics in Dorset are some of the guys that were Cagiva techs at 3X and should know their stuff
depends which is easier for you to get to, HG are dewsbury, also consider Baines at Silverstone
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
cgrigson
On the Road

Post by cgrigson »

Thanks Frankiesan & Snap,
Have mailed one and shall phone the other. I never knew Baines were into Raps ... they are also a good option but I'll need to keep a tight grip on my wallet when I visit ;-) .

Chris
mandie82
On the Road

Post by mandie82 »

Frankiesan wrote:Hi, not exatly South Yorksire but these Guys are top knocker in my opinion.

They race SV650's so I'd think it was safe to say they know what they are doing.

http://www.hbmotorcycles.co.uk/

Aye Frankie is right.. the guys are great (mates of mine) and they know there stuff!!!! they cant wait to get hold of my rappy!!!
uk.ei42.com/randiemandie
twistedpr
On the Road

Post by twistedpr »

cgrigson wrote: I never knew Baines were into Raps ...
Get one of the Baines brothers on the phone and they will entertain you at length with their Raptor racing exploits. Consequently, they have a love for these machines (don't we all!) and know what they are doing (and what the common faults are).

Now I've bigged them up a bit, anyone want to join me in buying one of their rear suspension links? :wink: Increased ride ehight and transformed handing for 105+VAT. They've run out and make them only when it's worthwhile, so I just need two other willing souls.
Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul.
------ X-Rap 188/999 ------
cgrigson
On the Road

Post by cgrigson »

Hi Twistdpr,
Do you have a drawing for these ride height components? (triangles?) Guys hear at work would make them for less than that in raw alloy. Anodising might be a bit more difficult. Apologies if it's a whole load more complex than I thought.

Chris
twistedpr
On the Road

Post by twistedpr »

Hi Chris,
It's not the triangles that they make - it's a different "dog bone" (link from chassis to make the chassis/shock/swingarm triangle), and comes complete with bearings. The idea is that you can fit this and/or the aftermarket triangles, for added lift & handing benefits.
Four wheels move the body.
Two wheels move the soul.
------ X-Rap 188/999 ------