Clutch Cable / Adjuster

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Bfef
On the Road

Clutch Cable / Adjuster

Post by Bfef »

Been playing with the front end the last couple of weeks (new oil in forks and 9mm preload).

Handlebars / levers / headlight / instruments been on and off I don't know how many times. :x

Anyway, clutch cable adjuster on the left hand lever broke and while playing with it I noticed the cable starting to fray as well. :cry:

Ordered a new one from the OEM site together with a super-expensive clutch cable, both turned up in 10 days and fit straight on!

No problems whatsoever, bike and rider happy again :lol:
snapdragon

Re: Clutch Cable / Adjuster

Post by snapdragon »

Result :D
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Bfef
On the Road

Re: Clutch Cable / Adjuster

Post by Bfef »

Oh no, spoke too soon, got about half way to work this morning (about 8 miles from home) and started to hear a persistant squeak getting louder and louder. Pulled over and bounced front end up and down a bit, pushed it about and every time it really crunched and grinded, even worse when bars turned right. Had to ride home at 5mph ready to jump off if anything happened, made it OK and it didn't really get worse.

Quick check of disks and pads looked OK and nothing stuck under mudguard, looks like wheel bearings shot. I have taken the wheel off a couple of times but didn't remove the bearings, is it possible I over tightened the axle or fork bottom bolts at all? Goint to dismantle it and have a proper look on the weekend.

All this for a change of fork oil - ever wish you'd never started a job!