Greetings, from a Southern Softie.

Make your first post here, say "Hi" and buy a virtual round
Araf
On the Road

Re: Greetings, from a Southern Softie.

Post by Araf »

weirdo wrote:
Araf wrote:I'm still not sure about the styling of the V-Raptor, so will probably plump for the standard bike. However, I'd still be interested in details though, as I cannot stop thinking that an Xtra may be the best to buy.
:? erm.. Isn't the Xtra the same style as the V-Rap ??
I haven't made myself very clear there. :oops: The additional advantages of the Xtra (better spec and newer) outweigh my opinion of the styling.

I've amended my post.
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

I always lusted after the Xtra Rap, and couldn't find one for love nor money when I had it, so had to go for the best VRap I could get my hands on.............they're all falling out of the woodwork now I have one :(

The Xtra, is just the VRap with better suspenders, and carbon parts, and only comes in that lovely carbon black colour....thats all nice until it gets broken!
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Hi Araf. I'll have pint of fizzy lager please.

Hope you get a Raptor, they're top road bikes. The engine is a classic. If you're unsure about a V-Rap, go for a standard bike and try a new fairing or headlight. Get the styling how you like it.
Araf
On the Road

Post by Araf »

Red Mist wrote:Hi Araf. I'll have pint of fizzy lager please.

Hope you get a Raptor, they're top road bikes. The engine is a classic. If you're unsure about a V-Rap, go for a standard bike and try a new fairing or headlight. Get the styling how you like it.
New fairing? From what I remember, the standard Raptor headlight and instruments do a pretty good job of parting the air. I won't be doing enough miles, to need additional protection.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Araf wrote:New fairing? From what I remember, the standard Raptor headlight and instruments do a pretty good job of parting the air. I won't be doing enough miles, to need additional protection.
This is true, I had a mini screen on mine when I bought it but ditched that as there were fewer wind issues with the standard set up :thumbsup:
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Araf
On the Road

Post by Araf »

snapdragon wrote:
Araf wrote:New fairing? From what I remember, the standard Raptor headlight and instruments do a pretty good job of parting the air. I won't be doing enough miles, to need additional protection.
This is true, I had a mini screen on mine when I bought it but ditched that as there were fewer wind issues with the standard set up :thumbsup:

I had to cut an inch off the top of the screen on one bike, as the height caused turbulance around my crash helmet. By cutting it down, the wind buffeting was on my chest, and my 'lid was in clear air.
Red Mist
On the Road

Post by Red Mist »

Araf wrote:
Red Mist wrote:Hi Araf. I'll have pint of fizzy lager please.

New fairing? From what I remember, the standard Raptor headlight and instruments do a pretty good job of parting the air. I won't be doing enough miles, to need additional protection.
I didn't mean anything big and numb. For instance, one of the blokes on here put a dinky KTM nosepiece on his Rap and it makes it look really sharp. I've got an aftermarket beak on mine which I like more than the standard set-up and allows me to cruise in total confort at 90 mph.
Araf
On the Road

Post by Araf »

Bike now purchased. :) Coincidentally, Demonbaker no longer has an XtraRaptor, as #238 now resides in my garage. It was dark when I got home, so this is one of the pictures that I was sent before purchase. Good to meet you, and it was a pleasure doing business. 8)

snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Good choice Araf - :happyhappy:
SnappY
Araf
On the Road

Post by Araf »

snapdragon wrote:Good choice Araf - :happyhappy:
Time will tell. I was actually looking for a red standard Raptor. :roll:
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Araf wrote:
snapdragon wrote:Good choice Araf - :happyhappy:
Time will tell. I was actually looking for a red standard Raptor. :roll:

ooo I'm sure someone will offer you a swapsie :nod: :wink:

knowing how well Demonbaker looks after his bikes I'm sure you'll be happy with it though :thumbsup:
SnappY
Araf
On the Road

Post by Araf »

First ride, this afternoon. :|

Suspension feels too hard, so I'll have a go at that at a later date. I think that's why the front seems a little vague (though the cold roads won't help). The engine is as I remember, from a go on one, 10 years ago. :revrev:

Not a bad place to start from. 8)
shebee
Site Admin
Facebook address thingy: facebook.com/shebee.duff

Post by shebee »

:thumbsup: nice bike... enjoy!
Twisted Tequila Sister
Demonbaker
On the Road

Post by Demonbaker »

Nice to meet you to Araf. I hope you have many happy miles together.
If everything seems in controll your not going fast enough.
Araf
On the Road

Post by Araf »

Demonbaker wrote:Nice to meet you to Araf. I hope you have many happy miles together.

I'm sure we will. Hope you're going to stick around here. 8)