shes not staying hot

General spannery stuff
Miz
On the Road

Re: shes not staying hot

Post by Miz »

You are right, it does not matter.

I would try to leave the area in front of the fan clear so that the fan can help out if you do get stuck in traffic etc.

I would be wary of using metal sheet unless you use some foam/rubber to protect the rad from the metal as the vibrations will have an effect over time.
152/999
craigus
On the Road

Post by craigus »

Thanks miz I'll post some pics when I'm done
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

Tin foil would be a good covering for it. People used to use it a lot on cars in the olden days, (not that i was there, you understand....erm,..erm,..

......Shedmonkey told me!) :lol: :woot:
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
superaptor
On the Road

Post by superaptor »

pretty good tips fellas wish you could also help me with my " she aint hot enough" problem too :p it was around negative -7 celcius here and -7 fahrenheit in the east holly crap i cant imagine riding on black ice at that temperature if i could eventually start her up.. so could your problems be related to the auto choke? may ur running too rich? choke stuck shut and less air goes in more fuel burns runs hot? would this be possible? not a mechanic here just trying to help u should try what miz and weirdo said and put some cardboard and foil in there just me sure you wrap the potatoes good when shr gets hot we could eat the potatoes with beer... cheers to that :)
shedmonkey
APM

Post by shedmonkey »

weirdo wrote:Tin foil would be a good covering for it. People used to use it a lot on cars in the olden days, (not that i was there, you understand....erm,..erm,..

......Shedmonkey told me!) :lol: :woot:
Swine there i was minding my own business (thinkin of ford anglias and stuff) and there it is a blow bellow the belt :nerner:

And anyway in my day you didnt need a radiator with a steam engine
Bit of a Muppet
RaptorJo
On the Road

Post by RaptorJo »

i've got some of that very thin mesh that flexes very easily inbetween the rad and the firm treadplate. It seems to be doing an alright job for me :D