Chat about anything
Wardy
On the Road

Scarlatti moto - one to avoid?

Post by Wardy »

http://www.scarlattimoto.co.uk

Go on reviews of them?

Mine

I orderd a front fender off them on the 1/11/2013 asked approx how long it will take to make got a reply on the 16/11/2013 that it's nearly finished so I left it and waited

Now I've contacted them since and been ignored it's now the 8/1/2014 still no contact and not listed as dispatched???
Spyke
On the Road

Re: Scarlatti moto - one to avoid?

Post by Spyke »

I ordered a hugger from them, paid with PayPal, waited ages, then just before the 45 day limit for opening a PP dispute was up I raised a "item didn't arrive" dispute with PP, and got a full refund no issues. The hugger eventually showed up, and the CF wasn't bad, but the chainguard side fits neatly to the swingarm but on the offside the hugger rubs the tyre, so it's sitting on a shelf waiting for me to borrow a heat gun...

CF seems thicker than TrendItaly though, when my TrendItaly bellypan arrived it was a perfect fit, but you can see speckles of light through it as it's not very thick, going a bit far on the weight-saving scheme, I think!
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
Wardy
On the Road

Post by Wardy »

:( can't open a case been too long
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

if you got it thru ebay then you are never too late. get in touch with the resolution centre and explain the situation with them. Did you pay using paypal? If so then you should at least get your dosh back.

I have never used scarlatti direct but have had products of theirs and it seems decent quality but they seem to be typical of italian companies and very laid back and disorganised to say the least.
nil illigitimae carborundum
Wardy
On the Road

Post by Wardy »

I paid via PayPal but not through eBay the company is a joke would never use it again was appalling
Crap Tartan
On the Road
Location: Sitting in front of the screen in Portpatrick again

Post by Crap Tartan »

contact paypal direct, if you paid for goods to a pp business account you should be able to get a refund if you can demonstrate they have not suppied the goods.
nil illigitimae carborundum