What did you do to your Raptor today

General spannery stuff
Spyke
On the Road

Re: What did you do to your Raptor today

Post by Spyke »

Wow, nice neat job!

Have you added some front calliper cover, or something, as well? And is that a postie bike hiding in the background, I always thought they'd be good for some cheap thrills!
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:Wow, nice neat job!

Have you added some front calliper cover, or something, as well? And is that a postie bike hiding in the background, I always thought they'd be good for some cheap thrills!
Yes , the posty bike is a cheap little runaround . I was surpised at how easy i got mine off although i did use a 3 foot extension bar. No signs of loctite but some sort off goo which looked like rust on the outer threads only. I dont think you would ever get the sprocket nut of using loctite. I found i didn't need to take the clutch mechanism off, the sprocket just wiggles out in between the shaft and cable bracket , so that was one less thing to do 8) My oem sprocket looked good but had some interesting wear on the inside of sprocket (see pic) which was quite deep,same with rear sprocket to a lesser extent but otherwise they looked quite good. I cant say the same for the old chain, it was stretched and was hard to adjust. I also went for a 41t rear to break up the 16/40 combination,not good on sprocket/chain life.
Fazerstun
Crockery Monitor

Post by Fazerstun »

Today I managed to bend my gear lever, all on my own :doh:
I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings. I am a drunk, we go to parties.
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

Fazerstun wrote:Today I managed to bend my gear lever, all on my own :doh:
Well done :mrgreen: I only managed to break mine, it didn't bend at all :(
Is it as curly as my brake lever?
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

I fitted new brake pads and bled the rear brake today using the method of holding caliper up high. useing bottle with hose attached to bleed nipple. Brake feels great . Rear wheel is back together, i did scratch the swingarm slightly :shock: but cant really see it. Sorry about the blingness for all you stealth pilots :D
norrie
On the Road

Post by norrie »

Very nice I do like a bit of bling. 8)

Lesley how did you manage that?
Norrie.

Lang may yer lum reek!
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

Very nice ozz, I didn't have to put my sunnies on! Bolts are looking great too, what's happening at your adjusters though, it almost looks like they have double heads, or is it time to get my eyes tested?
dave46
On the Road

Post by dave46 »

i have just brought a gipro gear indicator having problems trying to find triagular conector hps have been very helpfull but istill cant find i any body had this problem or am i adope thanks
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

Ordered new clutch cable today. Cable snapped yesterday ! :angry:
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

dave46 wrote:i have just brought a gipro gear indicator having problems trying to find triagular conector hps have been very helpfull but istill cant find i any body had this problem or am i adope thanks
I think you mean where on the bike is it - on the right hand (brake) side of the bike, behind the frame and up near and forward of the airbox intake.
Last edited by Spyke 9 years ago, edited 2 times in total.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:
dave46 wrote:i have just brought a gipro gear indicator having problems trying to find triagular conector hps have been very helpfull but istill cant find i any body had this problem or am i adope thanks
I think you mean where on the bike is it - on the right hand (brake) side of the bike, behind the frame and up near and forward of the airbox intake.
Actually that air intake snorkel is in the way, rip that out and the plug is right there.
Nothing wrong with youe eyes Lou , just some spacers i made because the ti bolts were slightly long, didnt really need the spacers in the end because using the larger rear sprocketwould have accounted for the length. What was the oem chain that came out with these raptors, wasnt RK by any chance , it was stretched badly when i compared it with the new did
Last edited by ozzraptor 9 years ago, edited 1 time in total.
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

And if you're mucking about in there make sure you don't leave anything loose that can cause the throttle to jam open, that nearly got me into a lot of trouble!
:doh:
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:And if you're mucking about in there make sure you don't leave anything loose that can cause the throttle to jam open, that nearly got me into a lot of trouble!
:doh:
Yes good advice mate, i made sure the bodies were clear when i blocked off the excess baggage (pair valve) :)
Now i havent had the bike running since wrapping the rear exhaust spigot! Must start her up and see what difference there is :roll:
Fazerstun
Crockery Monitor

Post by Fazerstun »

norrie wrote:
Lesley how did you manage that?
Stunt riding, through a gate :woot:
I am not an alcoholic, alcoholics go to meetings. I am a drunk, we go to parties.
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

raptor996 wrote:Striped the sump plug thread, undoing it ! :(
Probably overtightened at some point, not a bolt that needs a torque wrench, just a knowing touch (and a new washer each time).
152/999