What did you do to your Raptor today

General spannery stuff
Tikka
On the Road

Re: What did you do to your Raptor today

Post by Tikka »

Just picked my V Raptor 1000 up from a suspensionguru. Nice new oil, harder springs and a reshim. Should have done this years ago. More feel en confidence from the front into corners. :happyhappy:
Bring on the warm weather!!! :ride:
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Well, I got all excited today coz it was sunny and nice outside so I wombled into the shed, like you do. I thought, oooo I might get the cover off Kitty and turn her over.

Welll :snooty:

Flat as a fart.

Hmppphhh, great start to the season :x
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Miz
On the Road

Post by Miz »

dizzyblonde wrote:Well, I got all excited today coz it was sunny and nice outside so I wombled into the shed, like you do. I thought, oooo I might get the cover off Kitty and turn her over.

Welll :snooty:

Flat as a fart.

Hmppphhh, great start to the season :x
New battery time.
152/999
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Yeah, going to stick it on the optimate first and see if is salvageable for now. Its sat for much longer periods, but usually its had a good run and a successful summer when I've put her to bed!
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

dizzyblonde wrote:Yeah, going to stick it on the optimate first and see if is salvageable for now. Its sat for much longer periods, but usually its had a good run and a successful summer when I've put her to bed!
once the battery gets to that stage they are usually toast!
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

ozzraptor wrote:
dizzyblonde wrote:Yeah, going to stick it on the optimate first and see if is salvageable for now. Its sat for much longer periods, but usually its had a good run and a successful summer when I've put her to bed!
My SV battery used to do it every winter for four years, practically every month because of the diabolical short trips in the freezing cold(always on a nightshft), but ran first button and never failed during the summer.. I think this time though its probably best if it goes to the great battery dump in the tip after three years of being stood still and battery being flat........it refuses to die though because you still get a neutral light out of it!! :doh:

Soon know if the Raps toast on the optimate though. Worth a punt for free before I shell out on a new one ;) This is the first time in the years I've had it that I've gone in and found it just clicking. Doesn't surprise me after crashing either.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

dizzyblonde wrote:
ozzraptor wrote:
My SV battery used to do it every winter for four years, practically every month because of the diabolical short trips in the freezing cold(always on a nightshft), but ran first button and never failed during the summer.. I think this time though its probably best if it goes to the great battery dump in the tip after three years of being stood still and battery being flat........it refuses to die though because you still get a neutral light out of it!! :doh:

Soon know if the Raps toast on the optimate though. Worth a punt for free before I shell out on a new one ;) This is the first time in the years I've had it that I've gone in and found it just clicking. Doesn't surprise me after crashing either.
If you do get a new battery go for a lithium , you wont regret it.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Wave rotors

Post by ozzraptor »

Today i fitted some Braking wave rotors,not the chinese ones , and some new pads. Also save 3/4 kilo in weight with the new rotors!
Tikka
On the Road

Post by Tikka »

:thumbsup: looks good!
Dante
On the Road

Post by Dante »

What mods are needed for those rotors?
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Dante wrote:What mods are needed for those rotors?
None ,these are for raptor ,straight bolt on.
Dante
On the Road

Post by Dante »

Nice.
Because it looked to me like ,that something is done at the brembo's.
A link for those discs?
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

No change at the brembos. First test ride felt like the front brakes gave more bight than the stock but that may be because i have changed the pad type or possibally combination with the wave discs? I still have stock lines, i guess i should do race lines but it brakes so well i dont know i will bother?

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FOR-CAGIVA-X ... 1c4ebee7cf
Dante
On the Road

Post by Dante »

As I mentioned,master cylinder makes a great difference.
do you have the stock one?
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Dante wrote:As I mentioned,master cylinder makes a great difference.
do you have the stock one?
All stock mate!