Should I or Shouldn't I?

Chat about anything
TimO
On the Road

Should I or Shouldn't I?

Post by TimO »

It's that tricky time in life again when it's time to change bikes. I've got a 750 speed triple at the moment. I'm looking for something a bit different, but something I can use everyday, rain or shine.
My wishlist has been narrowed down to:
V Raptor :D
Monster :)
Bulldog :?
I'm just looking for some advice really, on reliability, durability, things to look out for, any mods that should have been done etc etc...
I've seen a couple of low mileage ones on offer, 00 and 01 models.
Any words of advice gratefully received

Tim
bazzywazz
On the Road

Post by bazzywazz »

BUY MY V-RAPPY!!! :lol: . Seriously , it's got ticks in all the right boxes :wink:
Most important mod is the rear jack-up linkage to improve the handling (TICK!) . Then you want a Timing Retard Eliminator to unleash all that lovely V-twin grunt (TICK). Race cans just for the lovely sound (TICK) . Then you need a little screen to deflect some of the wind blast , cos it gets hard to hang on after a while (TICK) . Oberon pegs , just cos they look pretty. (TICK)
No reliability probs that I know of, just a bit thirsty!
Check it out!
http://photobucket.com/albums/a321/bazzywazz/rappy/
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

V Raptor every time TimO, superb engine in a superb (and sexy) frame best of all worlds :D
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
danman
On the Road

Post by danman »

How could you not? Same designer as the Monster but more Modern (I same better lloking but that's only my opinion), has a japenese motor mso you know it will start first time every time. Related to the MV Brutale but a bundle cheaper.

I've got a 650, I gave up trying to go fast on the bike a few years ago and now race cars, and love it as does the girlfriend and it looks diferent from everything else out ther.

Buy one and you wont regret it

cheers

Danman
JimBo
On the Road

Post by JimBo »

I've had my Raptor 1000 for just under a year now and cannot fault it. This is really the first motorbike I have owned, other than very, very small ones about 35 years ago :shock: , so I cannot compare it to anything else.

It is reliable, a joy to ride and different (I have not seen another in the flesh) 8) .
It easily keeps up with anything else on the twisties, and all but the fastest in a straight line.

Buy the Raptor :D :D :D
So many motorcycles, so little money!
Demonbaker
On the Road

Post by Demonbaker »

Buy the Raptor. I loved mine that much i upgraded to the Xtra.