Raptor Christmas Prezzies!!

Chat about anything
Black No.1
On the Road

Raptor Christmas Prezzies!!

Post by Black No.1 »

here's a few pics of what i got for christmas for my Raptor.

LED rear light (direct replacement from a Yamaha Aerox scooter of all things.........same part as used on the Raptor!)

unlit.......

lit.........

Best part fitted so far (apart from extremely loud cans maybe....) a nice pressure plate from Vandriver!

not bad at all!!

:)
2001 Cagiva Raptor 1K, black with copper flake, matching wheels with polished rims, matris steering damper, braking wavy disks, digi gear indicator, SV1K belly pan, tail tidy, clear clutch cover, ccc titanium cans, LED rear light.
TLMONKEY
On the Road

Post by TLMONKEY »

Just when i think i cant hate you anymore(for having a stunning looking raptor) you make it even nicer :x

J/k deb's.
Looks even better,might have to get one of those myself.
What ya really need to finish it of is a nice pair of carbon triangle seat panels (hint,hint :) check the forsale section )
dirtydog
On the Road

Post by dirtydog »

TLMONKEY wrote: What ya really need to finish it of is a nice pair of carbon triangle seat panels (hint,hint :) check the forsale section )
Subtle mate very subtle :lol:

Hmm a direct replacement LED light for the Raptor just what i've been looking for :mrgreen:
bolero
On the Road

Post by bolero »

Hmm.. My LED rear light incorporates the indicators too... so half the LED array turns from permanent red to flashing orange when indicating... gets ride of those awful sticky out things.. and its MOT safe too!
bolero
On the Road

LED combined indicator/stop/tail light

Post by bolero »

I bought one of these LED light units

http://clearalternatives.com/Merchant2/ ... ode=SV1000

And fitted it inside the clear Lens cover from one of these

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/MBK-YAMAHA-NITRO- ... dZViewItem

And it works perfectly and is MOT safe

Steve
dirtydog
On the Road

Post by dirtydog »

i had one of those intergrated lights on my SV650 and it failed it's MOT because of it!!

I personally think the indicator gets a bit washred out when the brake light is on
bolero
On the Road

Post by bolero »

Lol.. makes you wonder about MOT consistency. The guy that did mine was quite happy that it did what it was supposed to do. Yeah, you're right tho,. there is not too much orange showing when the brake light is on... but.... so far at least, no one has run into me... and it does look so much better than those parts bin specials supplied as standard.. especially with the tail-tidy too..
Zane
On the Road

Post by Zane »

Hi Guys, where do you get the clear engine cover? And how much will one of these cost?
Loves a squirt in the mountains with the Raptor....yeeeehaaaa
Black No.1
On the Road

Post by Black No.1 »

Clear clutch cover is off a guy off TLZone.net. He's known as rifleman. He does a line where the guys with TL's buy a clear one off him and then send their original back to him, but, with the Raptor cover being silver I had to send him mine and wait (only a short while) for it to be modified. I think the cost was about the $45 mark :)
2001 Cagiva Raptor 1K, black with copper flake, matching wheels with polished rims, matris steering damper, braking wavy disks, digi gear indicator, SV1K belly pan, tail tidy, clear clutch cover, ccc titanium cans, LED rear light.
Black No.1
On the Road

Post by Black No.1 »

sorry, it was $75us, so that is about £40 which means it is $80AUD approx.

there is also a billet aluminium one available for $230US

very trustworthy seller too - i've bought a few things from him.
thread on TLzone.net - http://www.tlzone.net/forums/showthread.php?t=80495
Zane
On the Road

Post by Zane »

Thankd for the link. Had a look at it and it looks like he has made a few of these TL clear clutch covers. Would you by any chance have his email address? I am also interested in seeing if he has made any other cool mods.......

Thanks again Black No.1
Loves a squirt in the mountains with the Raptor....yeeeehaaaa
Black No.1
On the Road

Post by Black No.1 »

ill PM you his address. have a look in the groupbuy section on tlzone.net at the threads Vandriver has started. those are a lot of the stuff he does.

sprocket covers, pressure plates, billet brake fluid reservoirs, spring retainers are a just few things which can be put on a raptor. other stuff is TL specific.

get emptying your wallet!!!! :)