916 v Raptor

Technical stuff specific to the Raptor 1000
Al Grant
On the Road

916 v Raptor

Post by Al Grant »

I am pretty lucky to have a 916 and a V Raptor and the comparison between the 2 bikes. I love the 916 but it is so full on and focused compared to the Raptor that I had to tell any prospective V twin buyers wot i fink. I went out on me 2001 V Raptor (smashed by car from behind repaired, gear box failure repaired) and it was ffin great, comfortable almost as quick and a better scratcher on everyday crappy roads. All I need to do now is make my Raptor look a bit better. Anyone know where I can get ally welding done in the West Midlands. Rear footpeg mount bost off during disassembly.
Al
hornet6
On the Road

ally welding

Post by hornet6 »

hi alky.ime new to this site and just been registered today.i dont own a raptor myself but am hoping to trade my hornet in for one next year.i live near wolverhampton west mids and can ally weld.if you still need the footrest welding let me know and maybe we can arrange to meet and i could take the footrest to work and get it done.
taz_116
On the Road

Post by taz_116 »

Nice to see a few other members on here from the Black Country.

I live in Brum now but used to live in Gornal!

Maybe we can all meet up at some point?

Si
Burn Rubber, Not Your Soul

2001 V-Raptor 1000, K&N Air Filter & TRE
pmogs
On the Road

Post by pmogs »

Hey Alky , i also got a 916 as well as a naked Raptor 1000 .
I tend to agree with your comment's regarding 916 V Raptor .
I find the Raptor great around town , nipping here & there , two up (taking the kid's out) ect .
But when i fancy a blast on my own , head down , arse in the air, there's no contest , it's the 916 everytime ...