Chat about anything
philattersall
On the Road

Handle-bars

Post by philattersall »

And so.

Exhausts bought (kinda)
Crash bungs fitted
Tidy tail fitted (with massively cheap indicators!)

Next on my list

Belly pan.....(if you have a cool red one, 'pm me....)

And new handlebars

What are your thought's on changing them? Do i go for 'flat' Renthal bars (i've a standard Raptor 1000) or, any thoughts on 'clip-on's'

Anyone got some low clip-on's fitted? think it would give the bike a real 'cafe' racer look. Should also put some added weight over the front?

Any opinions welcome!
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

HI

I got renthal aluminium road bars on mine they are a bit lower than standard (about 1,5 cm) and the colour (titanium)matches the bike better than the standard chrome ones which I think looks a bit cheap on such a nice bike!
Also been thinking about clipons and think they would look cool !

If you decide to do it I would like to see some pics of them :P
No bike is ever finished!
danman
On the Road

Post by danman »

I've put a set of flat Renthals on mine and find the bike much more comfortable to ride and they look heaps better than the standard ones. The only issue I had was having to loop cables and brake lines to remove the slack.

Cheers

Danman
philattersall
On the Road

Post by philattersall »

yeah think the 'lower' bars are quite a good idea. i had a look on the Renthal website, seems to be quite a few different types on bars. Some called 'ultra low' wonder if they would give quite a 'cafe racer' look/feel
wreckah
On the Road

Post by wreckah »

i had renthals on mine, but i think they were higher than my stock V-rap bars. should check it out, i still have'em lying around somewhere.

I took 'em off, and found the stock bars to be better suited to my riding position :)
forza
On the Road

Post by forza »

I've got the ultra lows on my v rap, they are a bit higher than the standard one's.
philattersall
On the Road

Post by philattersall »

I'm still keen on some 'clip-on's' on my bike?

how easy would it be to do? the sv650/1000 bikes do both straight bars, and clip-on's on there models, so can't be too difficult/expensive can it? can it??

i've seen some pictures of a Speed Triple in the UK motorbike magazines with some LSL clip-on's fitted. Looks very cool!
Shlockengronk
On the Road

Post by Shlockengronk »

just watch out for your lines particularly at full turn and then you gotta worry bout wedging your hands into the tank as well........it can all be done though and would look very cool, probably expensive
Life starts at 45.......................degrees
philattersall
On the Road

Post by philattersall »

the hunt for 'clip-on's is now on hold!

yep. turns out it probably won't be such an easy/cheap job!

only on hold though...

but for the mean time i've fitted some bar end mirrors, and some 'ultra low' bars should be fitted soon

i've got some pictures on

http://philattersall.spaces.live.com/photos/

(look under 'even more bike photo's)

please ignore the orange wheels! they are really red (though may change to white this week)
and ignore the fact it's dirty.....in my defence it gets used every day!
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

philattersall wrote:and ignore the fact it's dirty.....in my defence it gets used every day!
thats not dirty, thats sparkly kleen :oops: compared to mine
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
Cavia
On the Road

Post by Cavia »

Like the usd bar end mirrors! Where did you get em from? do they give you a decent view?
And in a strange way,the orange rim stripes look VERY cool!
No bike is ever finished!
philattersall
On the Road

Post by philattersall »

got them from

http://www.busters-accessories.co.uk/

though i've no doubt you'd get them from somewhere in holland

cost me £30

the view is ok, need to play around a little, my arms are still getting in the way a little.
you can simply put them above the bars put wouldn't look half as cool

i'm going to go for some white wheel tape this week....

as you put it 'no bike is ever finished'
Aussie Shagger
On the Road

Post by Aussie Shagger »

I've got gold flat Renthal bars on mine with a convex round bar end mirror on the right side.
Bobby Dazzler....wide bars work a treat for the corners and the B E Mirror really tidys up the front of the bike as well as giving a TOP NOTCH view!
Got a pair for $80
Don't ya just dig a round-a-bout!.....2003 Xtra Raptor (222/999), Gold Renthal Bars, Giannelli Pipes, Throttle Rocker, Ventura Rack, Blue LED Instrument Panel, Headlight Protector, LED Tail Light.
philattersall
On the Road

Post by philattersall »

Aussie Shagger wrote:I've got gold flat Renthal bars on mine with a convex round bar end mirror on the right side.
Bobby Dazzler....wide bars work a treat for the corners and the B E Mirror really tidys up the front of the bike as well as giving a TOP NOTCH view!
Got a pair for $80
What sort of Renthal bars are they? 'high' 'low' 'ultra low'

and how do they compare to the standard bars? bit more weight over the front?
Aussie Shagger
On the Road

Post by Aussie Shagger »

Low matey. Feels like I'm defo putting more weight on the front end, only a touch more mind you.
I personally like the wider ones, just feels better. :D
I think you can only use the low or ultra low as the high ones wont fit. I trimmed mine back a touch as well cause the controls didn't quite reach properly, and yes as has been mentioned you have to redirect the brake line
Don't ya just dig a round-a-bout!.....2003 Xtra Raptor (222/999), Gold Renthal Bars, Giannelli Pipes, Throttle Rocker, Ventura Rack, Blue LED Instrument Panel, Headlight Protector, LED Tail Light.