Big speakers on raptor

Chat about anything
superaptor
On the Road

Big speakers on raptor

Post by superaptor »

So i would like yo install big speakers preferably 10/15 cm diameter i really dont like the speakers WhIch stick out like mirrors i dont want extra weight on my front end. I was thinking of installing them behind the lower fairing under the seat also i want to install a sub woofer under the seat. Or maybe i could install two speakers by the sides of my big radiator face them towards me? What do U guys think will i be able to hear the music at high speed? My exhausts are stock and not very loud and i was thinking about getting a 20x2 tripath amp and 50 watt three way car speakers running on my 12ah battery . Would it be loud enough to hear or should i think about a 50x2 watt t amp? Music quality Efficieny and size is very important so cant go with a giant 500 watt car amp or some 500 euro system. I have seen big speakers installed on bikes on shows so i know that its doable. And i like the idea of concealing the speakers for some surprise boom boom. Lol Please share ur experience with me. Cheers
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Re: Big speakers on raptor

Post by dizzyblonde »

IF you wanted to listen to music, you shoulda bought a Goldwrong! :woot:

Seriously, why the hell would you want to do it? You can't hear anything at full pelt anyway, so they would be completely useless. . . well they would be on mine, my pipes don't allow any other noise :ride:
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
RaptorJo
On the Road

Post by RaptorJo »

I too am struggling as to why you would want to be doing this? :?
vassilis67
On the Road

Post by vassilis67 »

An i-pod might do the trick, maybe?
It's all greek to me....
weirdo
On the Road

Post by weirdo »

I suppose you could try some 'bar end speakers, no doubt there'll be some dead cool ones with flashing LEDs somewhere. Or maybe you could remove the intake snorkels and fit speakers in their place :happyhappy: If you cut a large hole in the rear seat, a nice subwoofer could be installed directly into it (and then wait for the queue of girlies wanting to pillion, boom boom boom :evil: )
If you have a V-Rap, a couple of nice tie-bars across the horns would be a great place to mount a flat screen TV, but depending on the length of your arms, i wouldn't go further than a 40". Unfortunately there would be nowhere for the DVD player, and the wind may be a bit much against the helmet mounted satellite dish.
I actually planned to do all of this, but i decided against it because i didn't want to cut the thumb off my glove to operate the playstation or the remote. :mrgreen:

Well.... you started it! :nerner:
To a Raptor....EVERYTHING else is just prey !!

WOOHOO!...TWINS!
snapdragon

Post by snapdragon »

8) well now we know how you got the forum name Weirdo :lol:

err no speakers on mine - just engine and suchlike - for riding the bike with
SnappY
~~X~X~{:>
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

:haha:
weirdo you loon......you'll fit right in next month!!
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
superaptor
On the Road

Post by superaptor »

Good Guess friend(s) vasillis i got an iphone with awesome hud app it is the best speedo i have seen on anyvehicle so far. Weirdo i havent finished reading ur post yet but u made me shit my pants. How did u know that i wasnt a chick anyway? Let me change my pants and read the rest you guys got some good ideas
superaptor
On the Road

Post by superaptor »

Lol weirdo actually i thought about installing a sub woofer in the airbox in order to alter the engine sound to the music but i can only use a small ta2020 20 watt amp or worse scenario 50 watt amp max.That aint enough to supress the combustion boom booms in the engine. Now its becoming a big snowball here watch out loll anyway yes a navi/speedo/music player combo aka an iphone is perfect and i can also skype my mom on 3g lOl seriously nothing is funner than parking your bike next to the beach and listening some music and oh well why not listen while riding? Who has an amp here? Come on im so sure someone has it. People spend a ton of money to install an audio sytem on their bike. And i like weirdos boom boom comment i will make sure the sub is under pillion seat lol. Jk i dont want it on my bars i will install a stabilizer from my rsv on my rap and i want my bars to be wobble free lol what does the airbox look like anyway? I still didnt see the heart of my raptor yet. I might just wait for my amp to get here first and do test drives with duct tape until im happy with the location of my speakers. I will post updates thank u for your suggestions folks.
tyremuncher
On the Road
Facebook address thingy: danny moore , hawick

Post by tyremuncher »

the only music i wana hear on a bike is the sound of that roaring exhaust,each to their own tho,
i dont need sex,the government fu*k me everyday
Ballacraine
On the Road

Post by Ballacraine »

Yeah, that 1000 mill sounds great through Scorpion Titanium cans! :happyhappy:

Nige. 8)
Sanity is in the eye of the Beholder.

Arrival is a byproduct of the purpose.

BallacrainesCorner