Power Commander info required

Chat about anything
kilgore
On the Road

Power Commander info required

Post by kilgore »

I'm looking for information regarding fitting a Power Commander to my girlfriends Raptor 1000 (which I think is brilliant, so much so that she might be in danger of losing it!).
The issue we are trying to cure is a very abrupt on/off throttle response which makes the bike hard work to ride at slow speeds and in traffic.

1) Will a PC cure this ?
2) Which PC fits the Raptor ?

So far I've managed to find two models listed for the Raptor/TL1000s.
PC 2 model no. 506-111
PC 3 model no. 301-411.
I've also read that model no. 302.411 (for Suzuki GSXR 750 SRAD ) will fit, is this true?
Are there any others?
Obviously being a discontinued bike, these parts are starting to become harder to find so I don't want to waste time chasing the wrong one!
I'm only interested in getting hold of the correct fitment, It doesn't appear that maps are a problem.

Any help would be greatly appreciated
shedmonkey
APM

Re: Power Commander info required

Post by shedmonkey »

There are some things to check .
1/ does the clutch switch work ok
2/ is the throttle position sensor set correctly
3/ chain play

These things help a bit but...........it is still a bit on and off at low speed sorry
Bit of a Muppet
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

I've found mine behaves far better when the idle is set correctly and she's warmed up properly.
I've learnt to ride around the 3k bounce, but this has been helped somewhat with that which is above.
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
kilgore
On the Road

Post by kilgore »

Thanks for the quick response.
All the usual culprits (chain, clutch cut-out, tickover) have been checked and are all ok. I haven't yet checked the throttle position sensor, but I've just found the settings and will check and if it needs it, adjust it later. Apart from the off idle jerking the bike runs fine, and to be quite honest, I don't find it that much of a problem and not that different to other early F.I. bikes, but I've been riding for a very long time whilst the other half is a relative newcomer, so she finds it a bit off putting. I've told her she shouldn't be going that slow, but it doesn't seem to be the answer she was looking for!
dizzyblonde
On the Road

Post by dizzyblonde »

Being of the fairer sex, I can imagine that answer was taken to very well!

It catches me out sometimes when it bounce a bit, and it did take a while to get used to. I just remind my self its not an SV.....and click my ruby slippers!
Yellow 2001 SV650s,2002 VRaptor
Your Rapter looks like a sci fi robot dragon! and it breaths fire too! It singed my eye brows and boiled my eyes at the lights! smudge
Brihass
On the Road

Post by Brihass »

Hi Kilgore,

I have a TL 1000 S, PC 2 (believe it's the 506-111) fitted to my bike and it makes a massive difference in smoothing out the throttle response and getting rid of any excessive on/off fuelling glitches.
I also have a TRE fitted, but the biggest difference has to be the PC (as I just mentioned in another post, I removed the PC recently when fitting a new alarm, rode the bike without it, and then quickly reinstalled it)
The one pain with the model I have, and I presume all the PC2's are the same, it's a bit of a pain actually fitting it as the wiring is very tight and there isn't much room under the seat of a rap'.

Rgds.
140/999 Xtra Raptor.....Carbon Quill Cans, Carbon Hugger, Carbon Rear Guard, Carbon Bar End Mirrors, Renthal Bars, Belly Pan, Power Commander, K&N, TRE, Iridium Plugs, Silicon Leads, 2CT's.