pc3 question

General spannery stuff
ozzraptor
On the Road

pc3 question

Post by ozzraptor »

Can someone tell me if power commander PC3 for suzuki tl1000s is same one for cagiva raptor. I know the plugs are same . I see they are much cheaper in the u.s. compared to the same power commander sold in Germany for "Cagiva" , as there is no specific pc sold by dynojet for the Cagiva i take it is the tls unit ? I may have answered my own question . Anyone here using a pc3 and did you dynotune,thats my plan anyway. Anyone have a pc for sale :D

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Powercommand ... b34&_uhb=1

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/161230829746 ... 1438.l2649
Spyke
On the Road

Re: pc3 question

Post by Spyke »

Ask the seller, maybe, or submit a query to powercommander.com if nobody on here knows f'sure. I'd *think* they should be the same!

It's on my "one day" list, although I think I'd skip the dyno and buy the autotune instead, my gut feel is that your average smart piece of electronic wizardry is likely to do a better job than your average Aussie dyno tuner who wants to say "she'll be right" and head to the pub!

No offence to any Aussies on here, I am one myself these days, but you're *generally* not as professional and thorough as I'd like, and you *generally* try and fob me off with some b/s....:upyours:
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.
ozzraptor
On the Road

Post by ozzraptor »

Spyke wrote:Ask the seller, maybe, or submit a query to powercommander.com if nobody on here knows f'sure. I'd *think* they should be the same!

It's on my "one day" list, although I think I'd skip the dyno and buy the autotune instead, my gut feel is that your average smart piece of electronic wizardry is likely to do a better job than your average Aussie dyno tuner who wants to say "she'll be right" and head to the pub!

No offence to any Aussies on here, I am one myself these days, but you're *generally* not as professional and thorough as I'd like, and you *generally* try and fob me off with some b/s....:upyours:
+1
totally agree from past experiences with the limited dynotuners here ,sad isnt it!
V4mp
On the Road

Post by V4mp »

I've understand that there is no "spec" pc3 for any bike on the market.
You buy PC3 and download software from internet or go to dynomagigian who makes you software for your bike.
Suzuki TL 1000 S PC fits Cagiva 1000 but TLR don't !
Don't ride faster than your angels can fly !
Spyke
On the Road

Post by Spyke »

ozzraptor wrote:+1
totally agree from past experiences with the limited dynotuners here ,sad isnt it!
Yeah, sad but true. I had a ute come through my front window about 18 months back, ended up needing nearly $50k of rebuilding work, the project manager was an Irish guy and it was noticeable that every subbie he sent was an import from the UK! Not that there aren't shonky brits too, of course!
V4mp wrote:I've understand that there is no "spec" pc3 for any bike on the market.
You buy PC3 and download software from internet or go to dynomagigian who makes you software for your bike.
Suzuki TL 1000 S PC fits Cagiva 1000 but TLR don't !
I *think* this is not quite right...the software inside the PC3 "should be" common, but the connectors to the bike electrickery should be model-specific, then when you have the PC3 and connectors you get a custom map from a dynomagigian which shows the optimal settings for your bike/airbox/pipes and intended use (power/economy), or you can get a general map from the 'net. As the TL/Ss and TL/Rs have different numbers of fuel injectors it should definitely be the case that they have different connectors to the PC3, but as the TL/S motor is in the 1000s then I am of the opinion that a TL/S PC3 should work on a 1000 rap. But this is just my considered opinion, check with someone better informed before shelling out your hard-earned!
Road racing's where it's at - going round in circles all day is for hamsters.